I have been a horrible person lately and really slacking not only on my blogging, but also my reading/commenting on the blogs I follow.
So imagine my surprise this morning when I see Jenn from Triple Z Mom, Not Supermom has nominated me for a spiffy award. Also imagine my shame and embarrassment at being such a slacker. Anyhow, the warm fuzzy feel-goods outweighed my self-blame and I avowed to not only pass on her shiny award, but to also spend a chunk of today making sure all my peeps got some comment love.
This sparkly award is for blogs that are new or maybe have a small number of followers. The rules say I must answer Jenn’s 11 questions, give 11 random facts about myself, and then come up with 11 questions for the bloggers I’d like to nominate. Without further rambling, here you be:
1. How long have you been blogging and why did you get started?
I first started blogging roughly four years ago. This is my third attempt at blogging and I’ve been at it for nearly two years. I started this blog to share my story of life with chronic illness.
2. If you could have a day to yourself, what would you do?
I have many days to myself, it’s the nature of being a hermit. However, if I had a day with ALL THE ENERGY (and all the monies), I would love to make gift baskets for all my loves. Gift baskets make me crazy happy.
3. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
Oh, I’ve been known to have a Hoarders marathon via Netflix.
4. What is your goal for your blog?
My goal is to shed some light on all aspects of living with chronic illness, as well as provide some hope for others out there like me. If one person can feel less alone because of my words, then I have served a greater purpose.
5. Who was your first celebrity crush?
My very first was Jordan Knight from New Kids On The Block, though I would have taken any of them. I think I was maybe eight.
6. Who is your favorite author?
Diana Gabaldon has long held this coveted spot in my heart.
7. Where have you lived?
Mostly all over Oregon, though I’ve also lived in Minnesota, California, and Germany. (I was a military brat.)
8. Gold or silver?
I prefer white gold or silver. I think yellow gold is great for other people, but I just don’t like how it looks on me.
9. What’s your favorite thing to drink?
Sweet tea. I think some of my genes are secretly Southern.
10. The beach or the mountains?
I’m fortunate to live in Oregon and I can have both. So there.
11. What’s your favorite vegetable?
That’s a tough one. I love broccoli and its versatility, but I have a soft spot for asparagus and artichokes.
My Random Facts
1. I have 12 brothers and sisters that are actually related to me either by blood or marriage.
2. I love fast and fierce. I think this can scare away new people, but I can’t change it.
3. I adore giving gifts to people.
4. I link songs to movies they’ve been featured in, especially movies I love. So where most people hear a song and ask, “Who sings this?” I demand, “Quick! Name the movie!”
5. I am a survivor of both Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. I am passionate about sharing my story and raising awareness for women in danger everywhere.
6. I have a crush on Johnny Depp, Chester Bennington of Linkin Park, and Colin O’Donoghue from Once Upon A Time.
7. I have more pairs of slippers than I have pairs of shoes.
8. Though I don’t consider myself an Extreme Couponer, I do get a HUGE thrill out of saving money.
9. I’m a firm believer that everyone would benefit from therapy.
10. I’m currently writing a cookbook.
11. I can’t remember the last time I had a drink for St. Patty’s Day. I’ve been on Prednisone each of the last three years, including today. And Prednisone and alcohol are a no-no.
I wanted to nominate all of my peeps, but Jenn and I love some of the same peeps. So make sure to click through to her blog to see all of the links and send her some love. Here are a couple more to check out:
1. How long have you been writing (whether it’s blogging or not)?
2. What are your top 5 favorite movies?
3. What is your favorite gift you’ve ever received?
4. What is the best gift you’ve ever given?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. If you could only eat one type of cuisine forever (with no health repercussions), what would it be?
7. What do you want your legacy to be?
8. What is your favorite charity or non-profit organization?
9. What is your favorite color?
10. How did you and I cross paths?
11. What is your favorite song from the 80’s or 90’s?
1.Thank the blog that presented you this award and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the questions asked by your nominator, give 11 random facts about yourself. List 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate several blogs that you feel need the recognition that have fewer than 1000 followers. Contact the blogger to let them know they have been selected by email, commenting on a post, Facebook, etc.
4. Upload the Leibster Award image to your blog.
Many thanks Jenn for this awesome honor! I appreciate the shout out and if you’re feeling feisty, I wouldn’t mind seeing your answers to some of my questions 😉