Today is the lovely Miss Echo’s birthday!
To celebrate, Echo and I decided we’d do a birthday version of #AskAwayFriday. So here are ten questions (my five and her five, teamwork baby!) about birthdays, celebrations, and parties. See what I had to say, then run over to Echo’s site, The Domain of the Mad Mommy, to read her awesome answers and wish her the very best of birthdays!
1. What is the best birthday gift you’ve ever received? What is the best gift you’ve ever given?
The best birthday gift I’ve received was when my fiance searched out and bought the entire Outlander series for my 30th birthday. It was such a surprise that he’d not only remembered they were my favorite books, but was able to order them and have them shipped without my finding out. (I’m sneaky and hate the suspense of surprises.)
2. Do you like surprise parties, or do you prefer to be the party planner?
I love being the party planner, mostly because I have some control issues and I love to be crafty. But I’ve always secretly wished someone would throw me a surprise party.
3. What is your favorite party theme? (Whether you’ve actually done it or not)
I would love, love, LOVE to have a Mad Hatter Tea Party theme. So much so that some elements will be making an appearance at our wedding next year.
4. Are you a cupcake, sheet cake, or cheesecake kinda gal? And what’s your favorite flavor?
I’m sorry, did you say cake? If it has cake in the name, Ima eat it. Except carrot cake. Ew.
5. What would be your birthday wish this year?
Since my birthday just passed in August, I’ll say my wish for next year (the big 3-3 yo!) would be to be able to afford a great honeymoon, since our wedding is two days before my birthday next summer 🙂
1. If you could have any celebrity chef cook you a birthday meal, who would it be and why?
Mario Batali. That man knows his way around pasta and cheese, which are two of my favorite food groups. Also, he loves good music, so I kinda feel like he’d be cool to have dinner with.
2. If you got free plane tickets to anywhere to use on your birthday, where would you go?
Since it’d be summer and my kiddo would be with me, the three of us would go to Orlando. Where I’d get to love on Tracie and her family, and then have them show us around Disneyworld.
3. What is the one thing that you always do for yourself on your birthday?
Um wow. I think I’ve just realized that I don’t really do anything for myself for my birthday…
4. Google what celebrities share your birthday, share a couple!
I don’t even have to Google it. I share a birthday with James Hetfield of Metallica. Which is pretty epic. But I did Google it, and here are a few others: Tom Brady (Ew), Ryan Lochte, Martha Stewart (Eh), and Tony Bennett. I’ll take James Hetfield and Tony Bennett to mean I was born to love music ❤
5. What is one gift that you have ALWAYS wanted, but haven’t yet gotten?
A makeover. I’ve always dreamed of being surprised with a new hairdo, makeup, and wardrobe ala What Not To Wear on TLC. Even if it was on a much smaller scale, I would love the opportunity to be dolled up and pampered.
I really enjoyed talking birthdays with you, Echo! I hope you have a stellar day and weekend ❤
**If you would like to join in the Ask Away Friday fun, email me personally, or check out their Facebook page for more info.