Happy Friday everyone!
I know I’ve been MIA this week. I’ve been spending it with my son and my fiance. The kiddo leaves us today to head back to his home in the Midwest. So while y’all are reading another round of #AskAwayFriday, I’ll be at the state fair sending off the kiddo in style. (And trying not to collapse from all the walking around.)
This week I got to swap with the lovely Shelly from DIYMama. I’ve been admiring Shelly’s crafts and projects since I stumbled onto her blog via the AAF group, so when she said she’d swap with me, I was ecstatic! Make sure you pop on over to her site today to see what tips she has for me to help DIY my wedding, and other things I’ve been dying to ask her 🙂
Now- My answers for her.
1. You said you’ve always dreamed of being serenaded! By who and what song?
I’ve always thought it would be sweet to be serenaded by the one you love, so if Scotty ever decided to surprise me by singing a love song, it would surely make me melt!
2. Since you’re getting married in under a year (whoohoooo!) do you have any ideas for color/theme?
We do! Scotty’s favorite color is orange and mine is teal, so we’re doing those along with copper and turquoise for a pretty summery palette. We’re hoping for a rockabilly tea party, an eclectic mash up of some of our favorite things.
3. What are the top 5 things you want to accomplish on your bucket list?
I’m really going to have to look at stealing your idea and posting a 40 by 40 list on my site. Accountability will help me get going on my bucket list. I don’t know if I have a top 5, but a few things I want to do are: Write a book and have it published. Travel to Europe. See my son graduate from high school and basic training. Marry the man of my dreams.
4. Have you done any (or look forward to) classes with your fiance like cooking or dancing?
We haven’t taken any classes, but you’ve given me a really good idea! Maybe I could get him to go to a pottery or ceramics class with me…
5. If there was one song you could wake up to everyday, what would it be?
“Only Fools Rush In” by Elvis Presely
6. What is you and your love’s song?
“1,2,3,4” by The Plain White T’s
7. What is one thing you’re proud of from before being a Mom?
Oh goodness! Since I became a mom right out of high school, that’s hard. I’m proud that I graduated, and with fairly good grades. And I’m proud that I made the choice to have my baby, even when the odds were stacked against me. He is the greatest joy.
8. Did you do anything fun this summer in the way of trips or weekend adventures?
We took my son to the Aviation and Space museum, which has been on our to-do list for a few years now.
9. I saw you are into paper crafts recently. Share a few pictures of your most recent craft project!
I’ve been on a kick making cards for my friends, it’s so much fun being able to personalize them. I’d also like to get back to scrapbooking, but I really need to be better about taking photos and getting them printed!
10. What is something sweet that your fiance and son have done recently without being asked?
My fiance took my son to buy me a birthday card. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but those little things speak volumes. I got one from each of them, and they lit up my day 🙂
Thank you so much for such a great swap, Shelly! Y’all be sure to check out her site for all the latest on DIY tips and adorable photos of her smiling daughter. (You can never get enough of cheeky baby smiles!) I’m off to the state fair for a funnel cake and too much walking. TGIF!