I’m feeling more than slightly overwhelmed today, so here’s some fluff to help you get a peek at me. I got the survey here.
1. When you wash your hands, do you use the cold or hot tap (faucet)?
I turn on the hot water, but sometimes it doesn’t warm up.
2. If you had to be straight/gay for a day (whichever you’re currently not), what celebrity would you most like to take on a date?
Kirsten Vangsness from Criminal Minds. I adore her!
3. What is the biggest injury you’ve ever sustained and how did you do it?
Oh goodness, I have so many! Probably my left knee. I was bitten by our family dog when I was 11 or 12. It didn’t heal well and my parents opted not to do the recommended skin graft. So I’m missing half of the knee.
4. What is the most unusual food you’ve ever eaten?
I’m not very adventurous with foods.
5. What is the most unique animal you’ve ever touched?
Hrms. A ferret, I think. I’m not a fan.
6. What’s the most expensive gift you’ve ever bought for someone? How much did it cost and who was it for?
I bought a gun cabinet for my then husband. It was around $300.
7. Which 3 countries would you LEAST like to live in and why?
Anywhere that demeans and diminishes the value of a woman. Because I believe in equality. And I am too strong-willed to allow the government and men put me down.
8. If you could make just ONE change to this world, what would it be and why?
I would like the world to be kinder, though I don’t know if that could be accomplished with just one change. Why? Because if we lived in a kinder world, a lot of hardships could be erased.
9. If you could wake up tomorrow and be fluent in 3 additional languages, which would you choose?
German, Spanish, Italian
10. Which would you rather out of these 3 options? A: Be good looking and extremely intelligent but so poor you live on the streets. B: Be extremely intelligent and a millionaire but what society classes as ugly. Or C: Be good looking and a millionaire but extremely academically challenged? Why?
B. Because intelligence should never be traded for anything and with money, I could make myself more beautiful, if I chose to.
11. What are the top 10 movies to make you cry? (Or at least make you sad.)
Steel Magnolias, Taking Chance, A Walk To Remember, Stepmom, My Girl, Crash, Radio, The Guardian, Apollo 13, Philadelphia
12. What’s the scariest nightmare you’ve ever had? Describe it in detail.
I dreamt my best friend/adopted brother had died. It terrified me.
13. Would you rather raise 25 children or have the chance of ever having children taken away? Why?
I would always choose children. I’ve had a baby taken from me, and I have dear friends who’ve battled with infertility. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
14. Would you rather go on a relaxing beach type holiday to the Caribbean, a cultural holiday to Japan or an adventure packed holiday to South Africa?
I’ll take a relaxing beach any day.
15. If you went to a desert island for just 6 months but could only take one album with you, what would you take?
Any Linkin Park album. I can listen to them on repeat forever.
16. Put these in order of your favorite movie genre to least: Horror, action, thriller, adventure, superhero, romance, drama, comedy, musical, and dance.
Comedy, romance, superhero, adventure, musical, action, drama, thriller, dance, horror
17. If you had to lose one of the 5 senses, which would you choose and why?
Probably my sense of smell. I know it would also diminish my sense of taste, but I’m already partially deaf and I wouldn’t want to lose any more of my hearing. Nor would I want to be blind or unable to feel.
18. What have been the top 5 most brilliant days of this last year? Describe them in as much or as little detail as you like.
When my fiance proposed to me. 4th of July with my son. Getting to visit my family for the holidays. Getting to meet Dawnie. Seth and Kristen’s wedding.
19. What do you believe we as human beings take most for granted in this world?
Life. We’re all so sure tomorrow is a guarantee, we squander our todays.
20. How many concerts have you been to in your life and which was your favorite? If you’ve not been to one, who would you most like to see?
Linkin Park’s Projekt Revolution was by far my favorite. And depending on what you classify as a concert, I’ve seen about a dozen.
If you’re feeling fluffy, why don’t you fill in your answers and link up in the comments? It’ll be fun!