I don’t know how many times I’ve opened this window in the last week or so.
I sat here and stared, trying to find my words.
Obviously, nothing came.
I can’t pinpoint any one reason why I’ve been blocked so I’ll simply say “Life.” Life got in the way, took over my head space and damn if the bastard didn’t even pay rent. I’m heading off to a mini vacation this weekend, though, so hopefully I can ditch the little free-loader while I’m gone.
In the meantime, here’s some fluff to fill in. And maybe, just maybe give you a peek inside that head space.
- Are you young at heart or an old soul? I’ve been called an old soul, mainly because of my musical preferences. I grew up listening to Classic Rock and it is still my go-to.
- Tell me about a movie/song/TV show/play/book that has changed your life. I’m sure this sounds trite, but the movie Crash changed a lot for me. It’s an emotionally raw depiction of a LOT of stereotypes and prejudices that still exist in today’s society. It was disturbing to realize how many of those were things I had felt, things I had said.
- What holiday do you most look forward to? I love holidays. I love having a reason to celebrate something. So I really look forward to them all, in some way.
- You have the TV on, but you’re not really watching. What channel is the TV on? Either Food Network or Discovery. I love the cooking shows but I also love the True Crime/Detective/FBI shows. Or Snapped. Love that shit. And it’s perfect to have on in the background while I work or clean or whatever because I can listen but it doesn’t require my FULL attention.
- You know at least one person named Michael. Tell us about him. Michael is my dad’s name. He’s TALL and looks all intimidating but he’s a teddy bear. My mom took me away when I was really little, so I didn’t get to meet him until I was a teenager. As a result, we have an odd relationship. He treats me like the grown-up I am but I still call him Daddy. And he still carries a picture of 2-year-old me in his wallet. We’re cute. Also, he once made our family the butt of a Jeff Foxworthy joke. No lie.
- Name a TV series you didn’t enjoy until after it ended. I wasn’t a die-hard FRIENDS fan while it was on. (My mom was, though.) But I’ve been catching the reruns and they’re not too bad.
- What’s your “quirkiest” habit? Oh lordy, where to begin?!
- Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends? I think if you truly believe it’s possible, then it is. If you have doubts, then it won’t work for you. It’s a mindset, just like anything else.
- You win a scratch-off lottery game that gives you $2000 a week (after taxes) for the rest of your life. Do you keep your job? Since my “job” is proudly rocking out with a Non-Profit Volunteer organization, heck yes I keep my job! And I’d be donating some monies to said organization. I don’t do what I do for pay or glory or whatever. I do it because I truly believe in it.
- What is the nicest compliment you’ve ever been given? Anytime someone tells me how wonderful my son is. His good manners and behavior are direct reflections on his parents and it gives me great pleasure when someone sees what an awesome kid he is.
- What was the longest car ride you’ve ever taken? Well… There was the time I got stuck overnight on a mountaintop with a flat tire and my adopted brother. I should tell you that story sometime, it’s a doozy.
- Describe a person that inspires you. She gets up every morning and changes the world. Maybe she goes to school or a full time job, maybe she’s a stay at home mom or homemaker. But she logs on to her computer and works hard to provide a safe place for people to heal. She’s a red-headed Southern belle, a bubbly minx of positivity, a survivor spreading her yellow rays of sunshine, a hero who stays home while her husband protects our nation, a dreamer who devotes her life to others, a fighter who rocks her high heels. I’m inspired by the ladies I work with everyday who show me true strength, in all its forms.
- Give me the story of your life in six words. Love. Pain. Strength. Loss. Chocolate. Music.
Well dear readers, I’m off to the snowy mountains. Fingers crossed I don’t decide to break a leg or something, hmm?