Aunt Becky has done a meme. Which she hates. So when she asked that we link up, it was kinda hard not to. Cuz she said so, yo.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I was a call-in guest on an online radio station. It was as full of the awesome as it sounds.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Instead of resolutions, I like to pick a project for the year, a goal. For 2012 it was to feel better. I suppose I’ve done that in that I have a diagnosis and am receiving treatment, though RA isn’t something you “get better” from.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A few of my Bandmates blessed us with new babies🙂
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My best friend, a sister of my heart, passed away suddenly on Christmas Eve. I’m still reeling.
5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Peace. Healing. Understanding.
6. What countries did you visit?
Does my living room count? I spent a lot of time there…
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
Christmas Eve will forever remind me of phone calls that shouldn’t have had to be made.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I was asked by Aunt Becky to join the Operations Committee of The Band Back Together Project. I believe very strongly in BB2G’s mission and I am so proud that she saw that in me. I get to do a job I love each and every day. I get to help change lives.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Everything and nothing. I can think of many mistakes but they’re only failures if I didn’t learn from them. And I learned my lessons, each and every time.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I discovered I have RA. I caught a common cold that developed into Walking Pneumonia. I’m pretty much a bag of illnesses. And I stub my toes on a daily basis so let’s add injury in there too.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Groceries. Cuz I love me some food.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My boyfriend. When many people could have walked away, and some did, he stepped up. He works very hard to provide for us and to take care of me. Many might say I’m a burden but he chose to love me and stand by me. I’d knight him but I might slice off an ear or something.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Friends who faded. People who think it’s okay to spread their hurt instead of hope. A society that continues to perpetuate stigma.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Well the move in March took a nice chunk. My medical bills and prescriptions have taken most of the rest. Oh, and the car that decided to break down in the middle of nowhere.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Band Back Together finally received their Non Profit status from the IRS. Pretty much full of the awesome.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Ugh. That changes on a daily basis. I’m fickle when it comes to music, it must depend on my mood. Right now? Over You by Miranda Lambert (I particularly like the version sung by Cassadee Pope)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder due to recent events.
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same.
iii. richer or poorer? If it’s possible, poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Swimming. Standing up for myself. Loving others.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Crying. Missing people. Being angry.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my boyfriend and a couple of our closest friends. I mourned the loss of my sister while I toasted her with mimosas.
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
No more or less than I did in 2011.
23. How many one-night stands?
I don’t have night stands. I do have a bookcase next to my bed. Alarmingly, it does NOT have books on it.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I’m a sucker for The Voice.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. I’m disappointed in many people though.
26. What was the best book you read?
I’m re-reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, which is by far my favorite ever. So yeah.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I discovered that it’s uncool to admit to singing along with Air Supply. Which I don’t do. Obviously.
28. What did you want and get?
A laptop. When our desktop died, my boyfriend lovingly took my needs into consideration and so now I can type to you from the comforts of my cozy chair. Or from bed.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I can’t remember if I saw any new movies this year. I’m so behind the times.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30. I spent the following day on the side of the road with a busted up car, a frustrated and frantic boyfriend, and in 110 degree heat. I’d call the birthday a bust but the boyfriend did surprise me with the above mentioned book series so it was pretty wonderful. Books make everything okay.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A money tree.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
If it’s comfy, I’m wearing it.
34. What kept you sane?
My blog is called Becomin Neurotic. It’s described as my path to crazy. Clearly, I’m far from sane. Ask Aunt Becky, she’ll vouch for me.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
That one guy. You know who I mean.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I prefer to be shaken. Oh, wait….
37. Who did you miss?
Those that are missing from us.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Well I got to meet a few Bandmates in person, so woot! They’re the best kind of people to meet.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
Expecting people to treat you the way you treat them does not, in fact, ensure that they will.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“I watch how the moon sits in the sky in the dark night, shining with the light from the sun. The sun doesn’t give the light to the moon assuming the moon’s gonna owe it one.”
And now that you’ve bored yourselves to the point of eye-gouging by reading this, fill in your answers and link up with Aunt Becky! She says so!