I had good intentions when I started this blog, but you know what they say about good intentions.
I also had a lot of self-doubt when it came to writing. I knew I needed to write but was unsure what to write about and whether anyone would want to read it.
Yesterday’s post marked 20 posts. I don’t know why this number struck me, but it did. It felt like…well, it felt like I had crossed some bridge. As if, because I had reached this point, I had passed some previously undisclosed probationary period.
And you? You read. You’ve stuck with me and you continue to comment. I may not always reply directly, but I see them. And they warm my heart more than there are words to tell you.
With all this in mind, I’ve decided that 25 is a nice round number. So my 25th post will be a contest to win something from my store. I haven’t decided on the exact parameters of the contest yet, so don’t ask and try to cheat.
Cheating cheaters who cheat are bad, mmmkay?
I went to the Tweeter machine to ask what I should be writing about as I lead up to this lovely contest. I got some awesome ideas so expect to be seeing some fun things in the next few posts.
Here are 25 Random Truths About Me:
- Coconut crème pie is my favorite. But not just any coconut crème pie. My younger sister is an amateur baker and hers is phenomenal.
- I developed an allergy/intolerance to tomatoes during my pregnancy with my son. Yes, I miss BBQ sauce.
- I have a LOT of favorite movies.
- My first boyfriend broke up with me via my best friend (his new fling) on my mom’s answering machine while I was away at camp.
- I LOVE panda bears.
- I’m terrified of heights, specifically bridges, but I love roller coasters.
- My coffee is more like chocolate milk with a hint of java.
- I had a guinea pig as a pre-teen. I named him Blue.
- Despite two clear ultrasounds telling me otherwise, I swore my son was a girl right up to the moment I delivered him. His name would have been Rae Anne. He’s happy I was wrong.
- I lived in Germany for a few years as a young kid.
- I once had to memorize all the books in the Bible in order to earn a scholarship to church camp.
- I have 12 brothers and sisters. I only really speak to two of them.
- I’m missing half of my left knee due to a dog bite when I was 11.
- I was a member of the Future Business Leaders of America. I competed in Accounting. I’m horrible with money.
- I’ve seen purple lightening in Kansas.
- I see a red door and I DON’T want to paint it black.
- I once melted a spoon in my mother’s microwave. It also sparked and blew up her microwave. She was not impressed.
- Daisies are my favorite flower.
- When I was younger, my step-sisters and kids in my class, and even my parents, teased me by calling me Chia Pet because it rhymed with my name.
- I took three years of Spanish in school. I can ask where the bathroom is and order beer.
- I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was in my twenties.
- As a teen, I covered an entire wall in my bedroom with comic strips.
- For the longest time, I pronounced epitome as ep-ih-toeme. I read it somewhere and wanted to use it.
- I’ve been to The Mall of America…and not bought anything.
- I’ve never been to a professional sports game.